Remember when you could turn metal? The WEN Variable Speed 7-by-12-Inch Two-Direction Metal Lathe provides users up to 2500 RPM of turning power. With 7 inches of swing and 12 inches of space between centers, you'll be able to turn metal up to 84 cubic inches in size. The variable speed adjusts anywhere from 100 to 2500 RPM in either rotational direction. The onboard thread indicator helps users turn screw threads anywhere from 15 to 52 TPI with either metric or imperial pitches. The three-jaw chuck holds workpieces tightly in place while the optional auto feed can be adjusted to meet the needs of the project at hand. The 5/16-inch capacity tool post allows up to four cutting tools to be mounted at once, making for simple substitutions mid-project. The WEN Metal Lathe also features an MT3 spindle taper, an MT2 dead center tailstock taper, a .79 inch spindle bore (20 mm), a 2-1/2 inch cross slide travel (65 mm), a 2.16 inch compound slide travel, a .0039 to .00787 inch longitudinal feed rate (.1 to .2 mm), a complete set of change gears and a 3/4 HP motor (4 amp). And because it's a WEN product, your metal lathe comes backed by a two-year warranty, a nationwide network of skilled service technicians and a friendly customer help line all to make sure you remember WEN.
- Variable speed allows for operation anywhere from 100 to 2500 RPM in either direction
- 5/16-inch capacity tool post accepts up to four tools at once
- Threading dial indicator helps turn screw threads anywhere from 15 to 52 TPI
- Operate either manually or with the adjustable auto feed rate
- Features a 3-jaw chuck, an MT3 spindle taper, an MT2 tailstock taper, a tool rest and a 3/4 HP motor
Click here to view the product manual