WEN 34027 12-Inch by 16-Inch Variable Speed Multi-Directional Cast Iron Wood Lathe with 16-Inch Capacity Bowl-Turning Back Plate
- Adjust the variable speed anywhere from 500 to 2500 rotations per minute
- Attack workpieces up to 12 inches wide and 16 inches long
- Exterior back plate turns bowls up to 15.75 inches in diameter (see figure 3)
- Featuring a digital speed display, a 7-7/8 inch tool rest, a soft start 4.5-amp motor, a face plate, a center spur, a live center, and a two-year warranty
- Increase the capacity to 12 x 39 inches with the WEN 34027EX Table Extension (sold separately)
Remember when you could turn heads with your woodturning? Fill your house with as many pens, table legs, and bowls as you can with the WEN 12-Inch Variable Speed Multi-Directional Wood Lathe. Boasting a 4.5-amp motor, take on wood up to 16 inches long and 12 inches wide. If that’s not enough space, mount your workpiece and tool rest onto the back faceplate to turn bowls up to 16 inches in diameter. Adjust the variable speed anywhere from 500 to 2500 rotations per minute with the onboard digital speed display illuminating the current RPM. Change the rotational direction of the lathe from forward to reverse as needed with the simple flip of a switch. The WEN Variable Speed Multi-Directional Wood Lathe features an MT2 spindle and tailstock taper to tightly grip workpieces and a 7-7/8 inch tool rest to provide needed support for chisels and tools during operation. The additional rear support provides a separate place to install your banjo and tool rest for better access when chiseling bowls and other round projects. The easy-to-use lever clamping system makes adjustments to both the tool rest and the tailstock simple and precise. Soft startups prevent damage to both your workpiece and your motor. For additional length, the WEN 34027EX Bed Extension can be purchased separately to increase the maximum capacity from 16 inches all the way up to 39 inches. And, because it’s a WEN product, your lathe comes backed by a two-year warranty, a nationwide network of skilled service technicians and a friendly customer help line. Remember when you could turn bowls, cups, chess pieces, table legs and more? Remember WEN.