WEN LA4374 3.75-Inch 4-Jaw Self-Centering Lathe Chuck Set with 1-Inch x 8TPI Thread
- Scroll chuck perfect for holding bowls, spindles, and other unwieldy lathe projects
- Internal jaws tighten around workpieces varying from 1-1/4 to 2-1/2 inches in size
- External jaws spread inside of workpieces with pilot holes ranging from 1-3/4 to 3-1/8 inches
- Keyed tightening mechanism provides additional grip strength to the workpiece
- Features a 1” x 8 TPI thread for compatibility with the majority of wood lathes on the market
Remember when you had maximum versatility with your wood lathe? Take on projects of all shapes and sizes with the WEN 3.75-Inch 4-Jaw Self-Centering Keyed Scroll Chuck. This versatile chuck features dovetailed jaws, allowing you to grip the outside of stock between 1-1/4 to 2-1/2 inches in size, or to hold internal pilot holes ranging from 1-3/4 to 3-1/8 inches in diameter. The keyed tightening mechanism prevents the chuck from opening during high RPM operation, providing maximum clamping power to your workpiece. If that’s not enough, you can also install the included screw depending on the task at hand. Indexed backplate indicates 24 different positions while the included tools make for easy adjustments to the chuck. The 1” x 8TPI mounting thread fits a wide variety of wood lathes, including the WEN 3420, 3420T, 3421, 3424, 3424T, 34018, 3427, 34018, 34027 and 34034. NOTE: max recommended workpiece size for 3420, 3420T, and 3421 is 4 inches.