The following video and step by step instructions will teach you how to change your generator's carbon brushes. Make sure your generator is off before starting and never perform maintenance on a running generator. Make sure the fuel valve is in the OFF position to stop the flow of fuel to the carburetor.
Be sure to refer to your operator's manual for specific instructions for your generator. This guide should be used as a source for additional information; not as an alternative to the manual. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us.
Note: The carbon brush holder can be found in the compartment on the right hand side of your generator. Although WEN generators come in a variety of shapes and sizes, the instructions given below will be fairly similar for all generator models.
1. Remove the cover from the generator head. You will find the carbon brush holder located in the top, center of this compartment.
2. Detach the positive and negative connections from the holder and then remove the screw.
3. Remove the carbon brush holder. You now have a clear view of the carbon brushes.
4. Replace the entire carbon brush holder. Replace the screw that you removed in step 2.
5. Attach the negative connection to the right post and the positive connection to the left post. There will be a "+" symbol on a ring around the positive wire.
6. Replace the cover on the generator head.