WEN 4214 12-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press
Remember when power tools were actually powerful? WEN's 12-inch swing, variable speed drill press with laser centering device, is a powerhouse for your shop. Packed with features that you'll find in larger more industrial type drill presses. This bench-top, cast iron drill press has the power to drill through metal, wood and other materials. The variable speed feature allows you to target in the exact speed (infinitely from 580-3200 RPM) that works for your project. While you are working you simply move a lever and adjust the speed as needed. No pulleys and belts to change! Our design uses a mechanical variable speed which allows for the same power and torque through the entire speed range. A digital readout powered by LED's displays the running speed. Constructed with a rigid frame consisting of cast iron: head, table, and base, ensures accurate holes. Its powerful induction motor features ball bearings for an extended life and it all comes together with smooth and balanced performance even at high speeds. The 5/8â€ chuck with MT2 spindle taper gives you versatility with a variety of bits and features on-board chuck key storage, so you never have to hunt around for it. Worktable bevels 45Â° left and right for those tricky operations for the perfect right angles consistently. Base has predrilled holes for mounting onto a bench or work stand. Slotted table allows for mounting clamps and vises for effective mounting. The X-pattern laser locks-on to your drill points saving on guesswork and sparing expensive materials. A versatile and valuable tool for any shop especially when you expand its range of use with optional accessories such as mortising attachments, drum sanders, circle cutters, etc. Since 1951, WEN has proudly produced innovative powered tools focused on value delivering meaningful features that will help you complete and enjoy the work as much as the project. Remember when you could drill with laser precision? Remember WEN.
- Infinitely variable speed range 580-3200 RPMs. Mechanical variable speed delivers equal torque throughout the range. LED read out displays speeds.
- Spindle travel of 3-1/8" with easy to read, locking linear depth stop for accurate and repeatable drilling operations.
- Durable 2/3hp induction motor develops ample torque and power .
- 9-1/2x9-1/2" cast iron worktable features rack & pinion height adjustment and bevels up to 45Â° left & right
- Laser target your drilling operation marked with an X-pattern display
- Quill Diameter of 2.17 in (55 mm)
- Spindle Taper MT2
- Drill press Height from the Floor to the top ( 37")
- Front to the back of the motor 22"
- Width with the handels 14 1/2"
- Drill press Height from the Chuck to the Base ( 19 1/4" )
- Drill press Base ( 10"x16")
- From the Tip of thechuck to the table lowered of the table 12 3/4"
- Chuck capacity smallest is 1.5mm (approx. 1/16 inch), largest is 13mm (approx. 1/2 inch)